Calories burned swimming

Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to school fears

I'm still having trouble attaching images. I'm working on it. I'm sure this blog would be better with some more pictures. 1000 words, right? 

So I'm using a draft from another post to make this one. It looks a little different... Anyway... My daughter is going from homeschool to regular public middle school this year and I'm so worried for her. My experience with school at her age was terrible. I hope it's better for her. I sincerely doubt kids have gotten less mean though. I guess for the most part, I wasn't picked on too badly, I was just invisible... But I remember sticking up for my friends who were getting bullied. I think that as adults, many of us still face bullying on some level. I was thinking about it today and I think I've faced worse bullying in adulthood than I did as a kid. I think I just didn't care as a kid so I wasn't a good target. As I got older, the bullies started being bosses and other people I'd be better off having on my side. I think I need to get better at shrugging it off or something. I feel like I have since I hit my thirties... 
Anyway, I hope my daughter doesn't have problems with the other kids in her classes. She's a tough kid and doesn't seem to care what other people think so hopefully she'll be fine. I think I've raised her well enough to stay out of trouble, too. I sure hope so. I know how the teen years can have an impact on adulthood. I want her to have all those interesting experiences with things like wood shop and all those other interesting classes. She's in choir this year. She loves to sing, so that'll be good for her. I think she'll do fine. I just worry about how mean other kids can be. I mean, who hasn't been picked on by the other kids at some point? And my daughter's been away from all that for a few years now. Now she'll be in a whole school of other fish... I'm trying to do what I can to make transitioning easier. We've been working on her sleep schedule and I'm trying to make sure that her frustration level climbs a little bit higher so she'll be able to handle the pressures... She gets frustrated pretty easily, but like I said, we're working on it. Anyway, she's excited to start school and I am trying to be as positive about it as possible since my own experience was hellish. I remember how people would pick out one little thing and just fixate on it forever. I just hope her experience is a good one.
Well, this has been a long little ramble... I'm gonna stop rambling now. Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment